Saturday, March 27, 2010

Collage reflection.

-Think Creatively! Identify and discuss some of the creative elements of your collage.
-> In my collage, I thought creativley with the layout and the design of my work. For my 6 word memoir I used string to outline and I used different colours, sizes and different fonts. For the theme in my collage, I think that I had a creative design because I had the bottom of the collage being the worst, and the top of the collage as the best of the 'lost boys' plight. I think this was creative, because as another element I had every bit of the 6 word memoir outlining the different sections of their journey.

-Reason Critically! How did you use the images and text that you selected to highlight your understanding of the Lost Boy’s situation?
-> I used my images to suit the theme of my collage, and the sections of the 'lost boys' journey. For instance, at the top of the collage, I have the part of my 6 word memoir 'hope rising' and I chose pictures of the 'lost boys' in America to represent their new life and how it got better.

-Communicate Effectively! Explain how your collage creates awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight.
->In my collage, I think I communicated by showing the stages of the boys stepped migration along with some of the things they went through by putting in my 6 word memoir and through the theme I created.


-Live Ethically! Explain how you think your collage demonstrated empathy and might evoke an emotional response from your viewers and/or incite them to act.
->In my collage, I put an organization for helping the lost boys to rebuild Sudan. I think that the pictures I put on evoke empathy because there are alot of sad pictures that truley demonstrate the despair and the trauma that they went through. I also think that the writing I put in may envoke people to act for the organization that I added.

No comments:

Post a Comment